Melanie Nowak

Author of the Venomous Vampire series

ALMOST HUMAN

Forums

Forum Home > Ask the Author > Destined for Divinity

darlene

Hi Melanie,

Same as everyone, but I don't see the answer.waiting patiently for Destined for Divinity.

"Write Faster" :-))))

When do you think it will be released?

July 18, 2013 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Darlene,

Unfortunately, Destined for Divinity is not going to be finshed for the summer as I'd hoped :(

There is some info and details around the other forum chats and in my blog, but basically, I'm moving next week and things have been a bit hectic, so the target for release is now October.

I have been invited back as an Author Panel guest for the 25th annual Anne Rice Vampire Ball in New Orleans this Halloween, (an exciting honor!) and I have made it my goal to do whatever I can to have Destined for Divinity released before that event. So...October is the target. I'll do my best! It's a very ambitious storyline in this book with lots of huge things going on, and I hope you'll enjoy it!. Thanks for your patience!!!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

July 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dhmack04

Melanie, I had no idea about going to Amazon through your portal! My mom passed away in March so it has been a hard year for me and I am just getting back into doing some things I enjoy.  I will definitely bookmark this page  to click through here first for purchases.  Also, if you ever need another beta reader or just someone to bounce an idea off of I would certainly welcome the opportunity. Hope your move is going well and Congratulations on being invited as a Guest Author on the Panel for the 25th Anne Rice Vampire Ball!  

August 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi dhmack (I think it's Debra, isn't it?) Sorry I didn't see this sooner - I'm finally setting up my office and catching up on things after the move.

I am so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. I'm sure it has been a very difficult time for you. Try to cherish the memories and stay strong. I'm sure your mom would be happy to see you able to start enjoying life again.

Thank you for your support in using my website to visit Amazon!

My family is finally moved and we are settling into our new home. It took a few weeks to leave behind the frustrations and recover from the setbacks we went through, but we're finally able to breathe again and I know we will be very happy here.

I am so relieved that my kids like their schools (as much as a 10 & 15 yr old boy can like school anyway, LOL) and they are tentatively making friends. We all LOVE being in the country and are so thrilled that we can finally be here, where we have always felt we belonged.

I cannot believe it is already Sept! The Anne Rice Vampire Ball is coming up fast and I am not nearly ready! Not only is Destined for Divinity not finished yet, how can I make travel plans and think about costumes and swag when I am still living out of boxes, painting and buying furniture for the new house?

However, I only have one more room I must paint before I feel I can put the rest of the house projects on hold. Now that the kids are in school, I can spend 5 - 6 hours a day writing without being interrupted. I hope to goodness I can get D4D finished on schedule!!!

That said, I am going to sign off now and get painting so I can put the house stuff behind me and get back to writing!

Thanks for checking in. I'll keep you posted on my progress, and I will definitely see if there a spot for you in my beta group :)

--

~ Melanie Nowak

September 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

mhumby123

I just got an email from goodreads that this book release date is oct 1??? Was that in error because I can't find the book anywhere. 

Thx, melissa

October 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

That is an error. I do not know who listed a release date for the book, because I never did. Sorry - It's not finished yet. I will post a release date here on my website as soon as I have one!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

October 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dhmack04

Melanie,

I am very happy for you that everything with your move is progressing and your children are adjusting to their new schools. I know for teenagers it can be quite a challenge as my daughters went through that as well. 

Enjoy your time getting settled into your new home (family first as time swiftly passes away); and then work in the time for writing D4D.  Your books are worth the wait and are enjoyed once received like a fine wine.

Debra :) 

October 19, 2013 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Thank you so much Debra - I truly appreciate your kind words and understanding.
We are finally beginning to feel settled...and now I am being whisked away to New Orleans to be a featured Author panelist at Undeadcon. Anne Rice is going to be there...and to be a featured author at a venue where she will be in attendence is a surreal opportunity I could not pass up. She was such a great inspiration to me early on!

I'm sure everyone is getting tired of hearing me say my books take longer to write than expected, and I keep having to miss my self-imposed deadlines, so I think I am much better off just saying it will be done when it's done. To rush would only ruin the book.
I do feel bad to know people are waiting on me though...sorry!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

October 20, 2013 at 1:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dhmack04

Melanie,

Please you don't owe us an apology! You have moved your family, your children need your time and attention to get adjusted and you have the distinct honor of being invited to Undeadcon in New Orleans!

Anyone that doesn't see all these things are priorities doesn't understand the big picture.

Without your family, where would you be? Without these opportunities to be invited as a Featured Author panelist at events like NY now New Orleans, how do you get more exposure for your career and more fans the most cost effective way?

I would not be truthful if I didn't say I can hardly wait for D4D, but I also am adult enough to understand that all good things take time. :)

Enjoy every day as each one is a gift :)   Debra 

October 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Thank you. You are absolutely right - each day is a gift, and I am truly blessed to have my family, friends, my reader-friends, and the opportunities I have been given. I can only do my best to work hard and hope what I have to offer brings some joy and keeps the electric on so I can write some more :)
Thanks for the encouragement 

--

~ Melanie Nowak

October 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dhmack04

Melanie, I am very happy that your move with your family has been successful and once everyone was settled you were able to finish Destined For Divinity. Everything has worked out for you in your time and I am confident that we (your fans) will appreciate your dedication to writing a complete and throughly vetted novel.  I always prefer quality over quantity.  Debra

October 19, 2015 at 12:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Thank you so much Debra, that is very kind of you. I really hope you enjoy the book!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

October 19, 2015 at 6:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.