Melanie Nowak

Author of the Venomous Vampire series

ALMOST HUMAN

Forums

Forum Home > Ask the Author > Descendant of Darkness - Sneak Peak!

Jane

Thank you for giving your devout and on edge readers a glimpse into the awaited book Descendant of Darkess. I absolutely love the characters and the paths YOU have chosen and hopefully will continue to do. I truly miss Cain and can only say, "PLEASE HURRY".

June 5, 2011 at 3:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Jane,

Thanks so much for writing! I'm really glad you enjoyed the sneak peek - hope it won't make waiting for the release that much worse! I'm writing diligently though and will let you know as soon as I'm done and have a date. I'll also post another sneak peek in a few weeks.

Thanks for reading!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

June 6, 2011 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ana216
I really truly LOVEEE "Almost Human" and as others I also can't wait for the next part. Thanks for the sneak peak and as Jane said "Please Hurry" :)
June 7, 2011 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Nena! Thanks...I'm hurrying! ;)

--

~ Melanie Nowak

June 10, 2011 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

I hope everyone liked the second sneak-peek snippet!

In Descendant of Darkness, the other characters will be coming back into play more as the plot brings everyone together - so Allie won't have quite as central a role as she did in Born to Blood. But the story still does revolve around her and her situation, and I'm having great fun writing for Allie in this book!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

July 29, 2011 at 12:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Elljaa

Hi Melanie - I'm really looking forward to your next book and was excited to see you have offered a sneak peek but I can't seem to open your link - might be user error :/

July 29, 2011 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Angela

Hi Melanie,

Thank you for the sneak peeks!!! I loved them both. I look foward to the next sneak peek, and the book of course!!! I just can't wait!!! I just love the characters, and I am so glad they will all be together in the next book :)

July 29, 2011 at 3:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Sorry Elljaa -

If anyone is having trouble opening the link, it is probably because you are not signed in. You have to be signed in as a member of this website in order to view the DoD sneak peek pages or you will get either a prompt to sign in, or an error page.

Angela -  Glad you enjoyed them! Sorry to make everyone wait for the book but I'm working on it  ;)

--

~ Melanie Nowak

July 29, 2011 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Emonty

Hi Melanie,

Still patiently waiting. I will wait knowing it will definitely be worth it.  I would like to see Felicity and Cain together. What would happen if Ben became a hunter and Felicity had to choose...  Well I know you will make it right, you did bring them to life so to speak.

August 11, 2011 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Emonty,

Thanks for trusting me to dish out the happily-ever-after's :) 

I'll do my best to make everyone happy, and no matter what happens in the end, I hope all of my readers have fun along the way!

Thanks for your patience. I know this book is taking a while - there were some minor set-backs along the way. But I have been diligently working and very happy to say it is well along. Tomorrow I'm leaving for a vacation in the Catskill Mountains with my family, so I'll be deep in the woods, typing away on my laptop and hopefully get lots of writing done in the peace and quiet!

Thanks again for your patience and support! I'll post another snippet at the end of the month, and then hopefully it won't be much longer until the book is finished and released!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

August 13, 2011 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dee Frankens

Dear Melanie, I have loved evryone of your books and try hard to mention you in any PNR discussion that I post in like goodreads or smokin hot or any other site. I am cofindent that you will write a moving passionate 2nd book to the Born to Blood trilogy. I do however have one fantasy that returns over and over to me in the tale of Cain and Felicity.  That somehow by accident Cain were to touch Allie while she was mentally with Felicity and find that he can hear them in his mind. Oh what a bittersweet thing for Cain. To hear her voice, to know that she still dreamt of him but to be unable to speak to her. It would almost be a temptation to great for Cain to resist but too painful to engage in. 

August 28, 2011 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Dee!

First off, thanks for writing and thank you so much for helping to spread the vampire venom addiction ;) 

I hope you know that I really appreciate the support. Most of my readers find my books through the suggestions of other readers - thank you!

It is very flattering to know you are so involved with my characters They are so personal to me and I am thinking of them constantly, but it is always quite a compliment to know other people are thinking about them too - even after the book is closed.

You think like me - I must be masochistic because I'm always drawn to bittersweet emotional turmoil! Very neat sharing idea you've been thinking over! Talk about temptation - for Cain... and for me, because I desperately want to dish about stuff and I really can't! :-X

Here is what I'll say: Great idea! Not exactly what I'd been planning, but you do think in my ballpark. I can promise this - Felicity and Cain DO have contact in this book - more than once. I know it's been long-awaited and some people were very mad at me that it didn't happen in the last book, but what can I say? The story wasn't up to that part yet. We're getting there now :)

I'll also say, that as with every book, it may not be what people expect. There will be parts people have been waiting for and are thrilled to read, and parts they may not be happy with me over, but hopefully you'll enjoy the story and trust me to work it all out in the end!

Thank you so much for reading and for writing me here!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

August 30, 2011 at 3:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Michelle

Melanie I cant thank you enough for that cain snippit all I can say is OMG and know you have me waiting till December that is just way to long especially after just reading what I just read and then you just cut me off like that lol. Thank you again

September 3, 2011 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

vamplvr

Melanie, thanks for sharing an excerpt with us. OMG ... together again ... you have me teary-eyed.  Can't wait until December!

September 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dee Frankens

I am so happy that you posted this 3rd peek into the next book, Descandent of Darkness. Okay I'm a weeper... can't help it. I was okay and smiling until Cain started running down the driveway. I swear I felt my own heart racing for him !! This is going to be a very good book !.

September 3, 2011 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Elizabeth Greene

Thank you for the 3rd peak. Now, tapping foot . . . waiting . . . waiting...

September 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Glad you liked it!

Sorry for the wait. I'm writing... writing... writing!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

September 3, 2011 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

BTW - I'm shooting for December 1st, but very much hoping it could be finished earlier... I'm doing my best! 

--

~ Melanie Nowak

September 3, 2011 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Belkis

Oh thank you, thank you so much Melanie for this 3rd sneak peek!  My heart was literally pounding in my ears as i tried to slow down my reading so I could savor every word! I miss the Almost Human world and wonderful characters so much that can hardly wait until Descendant of darkness is completed. This Cain sneak peek was such a treat. Goodness I positively LOVE his tortured soul, LOL!!  Trying not to think about the months that are still left until December and you to letting us know that it's out for purchase.  Keep writing and thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us.

September 3, 2011 at 8:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Belkis!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you liked it so much!

I think the book will actually be done by the end of October, but I have to allow time for final editing, formatting, etc. I am speculating December 1st, because I would rather be done early and surprise everyone, than finish late and leave you disappointed. It is really hard to estimate how long things will take - especially since I'm doing it all myself and still have a family to take care of. (I can only neglect them so much, LOL) But the kids go back to school next week and I will keep working to finish as quickly as I can.

Thanks to everyone for your patience! 

--

~ Melanie Nowak

September 4, 2011 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.