Melanie Nowak

Author of the Venomous Vampire series

ALMOST HUMAN

Forums

Forum Home > ALMOST HUMAN - The First Trilogy > next books..????

patty

I have read the first and second trilogy.. what is the next books.. OK>>> I am a bit slow and don't really know how to use the computer.. can someone just send me a list of the next books .. after the first 2 trilogies.. thanks..  at.......    pattyspossibles@yahoo.com  thank..

patty

January 24, 2011 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Patty!

Glad you're enjoying the series :-)

There are only 4 books out to the ALMOST HUMAN series right now.

The First Trilogy: 1 - Fatal Infatuation, 2 - Lost Reflections, & 3 - Evolving Ecstasy.

The second trilogy is not complete yet. Born to Blood is only volume 1 of the second trilogy. Now I am writing the next volume: Descendant of Darkness, which I hope to release later this year.

I have to ask you for patience! I am a new author and Independently published, so I am doing everything all by myself to get these books written, edited and in print. I'm afraid that It takes longer than some other authors who can write a rough draft and then hand it off to editors for polishing. I am glad you are enjoying the books though! I'll be sure to give updates when I am closer to knowing when the next book will be released.

Thanks for reading!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

January 24, 2011 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

zeerah

I must tell you... Patience is going to be soooooo HARD, I can't speak for everyone BUT I LOVE what you're building here and the waiting is going to be worse then I have ever experienced!  You should be sooooo proud! You just keep writting and I will fight my impatience..... but HURRY LOLOLOLOL 

Awesome awesome story!!!!!!!

January 27, 2011 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Zeerah,

Thanks for writing! It's nice to know that my story and characters have such a strong effect :-)

I am writing as fast as I can, but of course I don't want to compromise the story, so it will take a little while. All I can say is that I know you guys are waiting, I truly appreciate your enthusiasm and I am working hard to be sure the story continues to deliver all of the elements and emotion you all enjoy. Thank you so much for your support! I need another month or so before I can begin to post some sneak peeks into Descendant of Darkness - hang in there!!!

Thanks!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

January 27, 2011 at 11:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tracy

I love this series so much...can't wait to read the next.   I sure hope that Felicity & Caine end up together!!!!  I just love them.

January 31, 2011 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Thanks Tracy! I'm afraid you'll have to wait and see

- my lips are sealed  :-X 

Thanks for reading!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

January 31, 2011 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dhmack04

Melanie, excellent series!

February 28, 2011 at 12:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

saraL

Hi Melanie

I was re-reading the books, slowly this time... and now I'm curious about Cain's "offsprings" .. Did he turn only women as vampires? Are they still alive?

Also,  it will be nice to hear more about Maribeth, to know her point of view during the moment she made Cain ... or how has she managed to survive all those years, even though she's an "evil" vampire  I think she's an interesting character.

I'm a big fan looking forward for the next book :)

February 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melissa Mitchell

This has thus far been a great series!

I was getting rather tired of the vampire stories and  was a bit leery of starting this one when my sister in law suggested it - but I must say I couldn't put it down!!   I trust her judgment - she hasn't failed me yet!  

I can't wait for the next book!

xo

Melissa 

March 1, 2011 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Thank you Melissa! And thank your sister-in-law for me too :-)

Thanks for writing, glad you're enjoying the story!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

March 7, 2011 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Thea

Hi Melanie,  

I have read your first trilogy and Born to Blood, amongst 120 PNR books since April of 2010.   PNR is my guilty pleasure.  I am an artist, wife, mother, full time art teacher, and until recently graduate student. Cain and Felicity are my  day dreaming muses and my escape.  I can't tell you how thankful I am for your books.  Life can be so demanding, stressful, and unpredictable.  It is the small everyday pleasures that make it meaningful such as a glass of wine, a sunny day and a good book.   THANK YOU,  THANK YOU , THANK YOU!!!!  I await book 2 of tril. 2 

<3, T

March 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Thea, thank you so much!  I can totally relate to being a wife, mom, teacher & student (I've been there myself) and I also relied on daydreaming muses of my own to escape... which eventually led to the creation of Cain & Felicity :-)

I used to devour books myself, and I know how special it feels to find characters you truly love and want to revisit. I'm glad you enjoy my books, and I am flattered and honored that out of so many books, mine stand out to you so strongly!

Thanks for taking the time to write!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

March 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

darlene

Can't wait!!  I also hope that Felicity and Caine get together.  I really enjoy when it comes to them more than the other chararacters. Keep up the good work.  I've real hundreds of vampire romance and these are right at the top.

March 30, 2011 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GenghisCains

Hey Melanie!

Just finished reading Born to Blood...I started the series just a week ago and just couldn't put it down. I read 'vamp/paranormal/sups' series all the time (need a break from reality!) and I have to commend you on the characters, the general lack of 'clicheness', story, and most importantly to me: Cain's faith. It is so amazing to see. When he was talking to Khalon about Felicity and saying how whenever he planned his life it would always go astray, I could most definitely feel his pain. And I've been struggling with it lately but how oddly that a 'vamp book' strengthened my faith and made me smile a bit more now. I very much thank you for that. God works in mysterious ways and through everything!

I am gonna go in withdrawal now from lack of AH 2:2 lol

Thanks again!!

-Jessica

--

Now Cain smiled in earnest. "Hebrews 6:10."

April 6, 2011 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

saraL at February 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Hi Melanie

I was re-reading the books, slowly this time... and now I'm curious about Cain's "offsprings" .. Did he turn only women as vampires? Are they still alive?

Also,  it will be nice to hear more about Maribeth, to know her point of view during the moment she made Cain ... or how has she managed to survive all those years, even though she's an "evil" vampire  I think she's an interesting character.

I'm a big fan looking forward for the next book :)

SaraL - I owe you an apology! I was re-reading the forum posts and just realized that some how I missed yours! Please don't think I was ignoring you!

I love to re-read books too. I love when a book is written so that when you re-read, you seem to notice complexities that escaped you the first time around, and I've tried to include such subtleties in my own writing as well.

I'm afraid I'm not ready to give any more information about Cain's off-spring just yet ;)

I'm glad you enjoy Maribeth as a character. I like delving into the minds of characters that are very different from each other, and giving readers opportunity to empathize with characters that aren't always the 'good guys'. To me - none are completely good or bad, they are all just people making choices for reasons that we don't always agree with. To me, that is more interesting than someone who is simply 'good' all the time. Real people just can't live up to that, and I hope to create realistic characters.

Thanks for writing and for reading! 

--

~ Melanie Nowak

April 7, 2011 at 6:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Jessica, thanks for writing!

I'm so glad that you appreciate the substance behind the story. Everyone enjoys a fun quick read once in a while, but I prefer a story that makes you think and stays with you afterwards - I hope I have achieved that.

Cain's faith is a large part of who he is, and I know that some readers may not want to delve into that. I wouldn't want him to come off as 'preaching' or seem as though I have an alternate agenda as an author, because I don't. Cain is simply a character who is a believer, but deals with struggles as we all do, and I wanted to show that. It can be comforting to be reassured that just because a person has faith, doesn't mean they are expected to have all the answers or always do the right thing. We are only human.

Cain has a few lines in Chapter 4 of Fatal Infatuation that I try to keep in mind for myself when I feel disappointed in my own short comings. He says:

"You know, dying young and becoming a restless wanderer of the earth was not exactly part of my plan, but eventually, I realized something. I’m not the one making the plan. Some things are beyond our control, but we must have faith that everything happens for a reason. We do the best we can with what we are given. As for the things that we can control... well, we all have choices to make.” He gave a little laugh. “Though, some of us have choices more difficult than others. Each day, we must make every effort to do what is right, and pray that we have the strength to do it again tomorrow.”

That is how he tries to live his life and I find it an inspiring reminder for myself. (Except for the dying young and wandering the earth part, LOL). I am glad that you find him inspiring as well.

Thanks so much for the support! 

--

~ Melanie Nowak

April 7, 2011 at 10:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GenghisCains

Hello again--thanks for replying!  I actually wrote down everything you just quoted about 'planning' from Ch4 and have it on my wall. I've always tried  to plan etc but I just have to relax and remember that I'm not the one in control. I have to let it in God's hands and stop overanalyzing or making it more complicated.

And seeing this struggle through a vampire character aids tremendously...how hard it is for him...and you've made him that much more of a dynamic and in depth character.

God is always reminding us through the littlest things that he's in fact still there...I might want to escape all my problems through a book but he'll find me there too lol

Thanks again!

-Jessica

--

Now Cain smiled in earnest. "Hebrews 6:10."

April 13, 2011 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.