Melanie Nowak

Author of the Venomous Vampire series

ALMOST HUMAN

Forums

Forum Home > Born to Blood > BORN TO BLOOD (Volume 1 - The Second Trilogy)

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

I'd love to hear what you thought of this first volume of the Second Trilogy!

It is a bit different in focus and style from the First Trilogy, but I hope you enjoyed hearing from the perspectives of some of the other characters, and exploring the new direction the story is taking :-)

--

~ Melanie Nowak

January 5, 2011 at 8:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ann

Loved it!  I'm conflicted on whether to root for Ben or Cain!  lol.  Leaning heavily toward Ben at the moment.  The roses in Ben's apology were an awesome touch.  Hopefully Allie won't turn on Mattie.  I got the impression she "fogged" the threesome with Fiona even after he said no.  Cannot wait for the next one.

January 11, 2011 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carla

I loved this book! :lol: I love the new direction it is taking! I think that everything is leading somewhere very important to the story, and I cannot wait to see what happens next. I am on the edge of my seat! I am still torn between Cain and Ben!:/ But that is a sign of a good book! I am glad that we are getting to know Allie and Mattie a bit better, and I cannot wait until we find out all that Allie is capable of! I am slowing starting to like Sindy and hope that she comes back from the forest at Cain's place sometime soon! Any idea when the new book will be out? I am desperate to know what happens next? Thank you for a great series to loose myself in! :D

January 14, 2011 at 10:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Ann & Carla - thanks for posting :-)

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the story! I'm kind of torn between Ben and Cain myself, LOL. Sorry I can't say yet when the next book will be out. I love the way that it is coming along, but it is going to take a while. You can be sure that Sindy will be back, and Allie & Mattie have a lot of interesting things in store to deal with! In a few months, when it's a little closer to being finished, I'll start posting some sneak peeks.

Thanks so much for reading!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

January 17, 2011 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

aspyne

Love, love, love your books!  This is really the first paranormal series that I've read where I am rooting for the lead character to NOT end up a vampire (because really, who wouldn't want that?!?)  I can't wait to see where you take this.  I know for a good story we need to have a few ups and downs but I really am looking forward to a wonderful human life for Felicity and Ben.  Can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

January 25, 2011 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

aspyne

Forgot to add this to my last post:  I think Cain and Sin would be great together.  Imagine THOSE stories.  Ok, all done now.

January 27, 2011 at 12:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Thanks Aspyne!

I know Cain left some difficult shoes to fill, and I'm glad that Ben hasn't disappointed. There will definitely be ups and downs throughout - it's far from over, but although I love Cain dearly, it was kind of satisfying to see the human guy get the girl for a change.

Cain & Sin do make an intriguing couple don't they? They both have a lot of baggage to get over though. They could be good for each other... or they might kill each other, LOL. And I don't think Cain & Felicity can quite entirely let go of past feelings yet either. I'll just have to let you wait and see what happens. 

Thanks for letting me in on the speculations ;-)

--

~ Melanie Nowak

January 27, 2011 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

zeerah

ohhh no way I wanna see Cain with Felicity and ben with Sin!!

wouldnt that be wild!

I'm team Cain all the way!!

January 28, 2011 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

LorVan

I really love these books, they are really good. I bought them a month ago and I already read them twice.

Cain and Ben...I love them both. Cain has suffered too much so I hope he and Felicity will be back together, not now I still want to see more of Felicity and Ben. I hated Sindy in the first trilogy but now I really like her and I think she deserves her own prince charming, and Cain is Felicity's.

January 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Zeerah.... no official comment ;-)

Hi LorVan - thanks for writing!
I'm glad you're enjoying the books. I've been told by many people that they liked them even more the 2nd time through, because they noticed things they might have missed the 1st time while rushing ahead, LOL.

I'm the type who reads my favorite books over again, as though I'm visiting old friends. My real friends & family don't get it - why read a book you know the ending to? But for me, it really is a treat to visit with my favorite characters. I never claimed to live entirely in reality!

I agree - everyone deserves a Prince Charming! You'll have to wait to find out whose is whose though - sorry! :-X

It's not easy to write a series where every person has a happy ending, and there is still plenty of conflict to go around. Luckily there are still quite a few books coming to work it all out.

--

~ Melanie Nowak

January 31, 2011 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

jmsirianni

Ann at January 11, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Loved it!  I'm conflicted on whether to root for Ben or Cain!  lol.  Leaning heavily toward Ben at the moment.  The roses in Ben's apology were an awesome touch.  Hopefully Allie won't turn on Mattie.  I got the impression she "fogged" the threesome with Fiona even after he said no.  Cannot wait for the next one.

I have to agree with Ann here about the roses. That was so sweet and romantic. It showed just how much Ben loves Felicity. The time and effort it took to do that, my goodness talk about swoon-worthy. That sealed the deal for me. Ben all the way. It wasn't to soon for her to fall for Ben. It happens all the time. Plus Cain left her without any guarantee of when or if he'd be back. It's not that she didn't love Cain or her love was too much to move on. She fell in love with Ben. I'm glad she did. He's awesome and adorable. They make a great couple and could have a beautiful future together.

Another thing is that Felicity deserves to have a human life with children and grandchildren. Her parents deserve to have their daughter and all the things that come with that. If she was parentless I would agree with the whole immortal thing but she has people who love her dearly and it wouldn't be fair. On top of that, to be able to live a human life and have childern only to be turned later. Not sharing in their lives. I don't know. Too sad for me.

As for Sindy, I've re-read some parts and I'm pretty close to being a Cain and Sindy fan. He is exactly what she needs. He could turn her into a truly great immortal, they could be awesome together.

Melanie, I went back and read the books again and I do have a different perspective on certain things. Just not on Ben and Felicity. I can't wait to see what happens.  

March 23, 2011 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

jmsirianni -

Thanks for all that great insight! It's always wonderful to hear a reader empathize with and understand the characters and their motivations. Glad you girls are happy with Ben. Of course I love both guys, but I actually feel bad when there are so many 'Team Cain' readers. Ben's a great guy too! (It's also nice to hear someone empathize with Sindy a little sometimes!)

I can't say what's in the future and I do love both guys with Felicity (and/or Sindy) for different reasons. Lots of different dynamics and evolution of relationships going on. I won't say more at the risk of spoiling anything... I just always hope that readers enjoy things as they unfold!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

April 15, 2011 at 8:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Angela

I really enjoyed Born to Blood. I love Allie and Mattie, and I loved reading about her change. I was thrilled that they sought Cain's help and created a coven. I can't wait to find out whether or not Alyson will end up with Arif. It makes me nervous! The vampire lore in this book is incredible and is so different than anything I've ever read. I love the various eye colors representing different abilities among the vampires, and also the whole "united one" concept. It’s going to be interesting to see how the shape shifters tie into the story. They seem to be very ritualistic and powerful, especially the leader of the coven. This book is so exciting. There is so much happening. I can't wait to find out what Cain's abilities are! I wonder if Cain is going to be able to help Allie since her skills are superior to his. Maybe she will overpower him. And how will poor Mattie react to all of this!

I like Ben and Felicity for now because they’re both in college and have much in common. Felicity will be able to experience life and mature. Although she loves Ben, she could decide that she doesn't want to have a traditional life of marriage and children. And her life could be just as rewarding and meaningful. I would love to see Cain and Felicity back together someday. I wonder if being with Cain will lead her into an entirely different path altogether.

I think that Ben and Sindy seemed to have had a spark in the first trilogy. When Sindy mentioned her first kiss with Ben, I felt as though Ben meant more to her than she let on. I believe she treated him poorly at first only because she felt she was not good enough for him. I can't wait to see how it turns out between them.

I just can't wait for DOD!!! I am so excited!!! I love this series!!!

April 19, 2011 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Angela,

I'm glad you liked Born to Blood! I know some people were a little put off that the 2nd trilogy starts to take the story in a bit of a new direction, but what fun is a stagnant story? I love blending genres and exploring a little more of the sci/fi - fantasy side of my vampires. Hopefully there is still plenty of what people originally loved about the story as well. It is fun to unfold all of the different relationships and their dynamics. I'm glad you enjoy it too!

Thanks! 

--

~ Melanie Nowak

April 25, 2011 at 7:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Angela

Hi Melanie,

Thank you for replying to my post! I love that you blend the genres!  I feel the story is so well-rounded because of it!  It is also so captivating because of the level of emotion. I appreciate being able to experience the story from different perspectives of the characters. I understand how some people would feel as though B2B is taking a different direction, however I see it as part of the same story that continues to unfold and branch out. Thank you for sharing your incredible story with us!

April 25, 2011 at 9:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Angela - "I understand how some people would feel as though B2B is taking a different direction, however I see it as part of the same story that continues to unfold and branch out."

That is exactly as I envision it. Glad it follows through that way :)

--

~ Melanie Nowak

April 27, 2011 at 6:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Belkis

Hi Melanie,

just wanted to let you know how much I love your books. I'm literally on needles and pins waiting for Decendant of Darkeness. Can't wait to find out what happens next in your amazing story. Your writing is awe inspiring. Your storytelling and character development is fantastic. I have laughed and cried with all of your characters because they are so relatable. I have all of your books myself, have bought them as gifts for my friends, and have recommended them to everyone that I know enjoys paranormal stories. I have managed to get so many of my coworkers hooked on the series as well that we're constanly having group discussions while we wait for the next one. I'm so torn between Cain and Ben! And I so want Sindy to have someone to love. And Ally and Mattie to stay together and strong. So amny great stories! But I think that most of all I want Cain to have his happily ever after, you know? I think that he needed to let Felicity go so that she could live her life and make her choices on her own two feet without him being part of it. But I so hope that in the end she chooses Cain to be her one true love because I think that he so deserves it after so many centuries of wanting nothing more than to love and be loved and somehow always managing to come up empty and with heartache. I think that they all deserve happy endings but I tend to think that Sindy is a better match for Ben and that they are more alike than one would think at first glance. Felicity is Cain's heart and he's suffered enough, waited enough, and has been trying to redeem himself to deserve a little bit of happiness. Oh how I wish Cain and Felicity end up together (hint Melanie LOL!). whatever you write I'm positive I will love. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing story with us. So looking forward to the next book!

April 27, 2011 at 8:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Belkis,

Thank you so much! It is so nice to know that my stories resonate so strongly with you. How generous of you to purchase them as gifts! Thanks for helping spread the addiction ;)

It is amazing to me that readers get as invested in my characters as I am, and probably the best compliment one can give. I am so passionate about my characters, and to know that others care about them so much is very rewarding to me. I won't give anything away, but I will say that although there will be many twists and turns along the way, I also believe that everyone deserves to find happiness, and I hope to bring that to each of our friends eventually, in their own ways. 

Thanks so much for writing and for telling friends about the books! I really appreciate your support!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

April 30, 2011 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caluchi

Hi ,

I just want to support Belki's comments in a Big way... I am part of her coworkers team and a great " Almost Human" Fan.

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing story with us. Soooooo... looking forward to the next book!

Caluchi

--

caluchi

May 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hi Caluchi,

Thank you! Sounds like you finished and enjoyed Born to Blood. I'm really glad you liked it!

I saw on your page that you loved Allie's transformation, thanks. That scene was so important to me and I really wanted to have readers go through it with her, every step of the way. I had a few people tell me that it was too long and shouldn't have included every detail, and I am certain that an editor would have made me cut it down. That is why I am so happy to remain an independent author. I felt that readers should be a part of the experience, and tried to write it that way. I wouldn't want to cut out any of it! Readers already knew she was turned, now they got to go through it with her. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading! 

--

~ Melanie Nowak

May 11, 2011 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.