Melanie Nowak

Author of the Venomous Vampire series

ALMOST HUMAN

Forums

Forum Home > Born to Blood > ALMOST HUMAN -The Second Trilogy (Discussion of BORN TO BLOOD and specualtion for the trilogy)

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Hello and welcome to the "Second Trilogy" discussion board!

I've planned ALMOST HUMAN to be a succession of trilogies, so just as the first trilogy had 1 main story told over the 3 books, the second trilogy will have a new storyline that spans books 4, 5 & 6. The second trilogy will continue chronologically pretty much where we left off (we'll actually drop back just a little to where we last saw Allie & Mattie, so that we can follow Allie through her change ;)

The second trilogy's first volume, "Born to Blood" is coming along nicely and should be released in late Spring 2010! I'm very excited about the 2nd trilogy! Almost all of the characters will be returning, with the addition of a few new ones.

I'll be changing the format of this trilogy a little from the first, in that we will get to hear from the perspectives of more of the characters (as opposed to just Felicity & Cain). I liked that format for the first story, but the storyline for this trilogy is a bit more complex, and we'll need to hear from many of the characters perspectives in order to get the whole story.

From the top navigation bar, you can access the web page dedicated to the second trilogy. On that page I’ve posted some sneak-peek excerpts to give you a taste of the new book :-)

Here in the forum you’re all welcome to discuss the sneak peeks, and share speculations and hopes for the future of our characters in the second trilogy!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

January 31, 2010 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sxybabygurl4l

I can't wait :D

February 2, 2010 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kris "vamp girl"

I would like to see Felicity and Cain to see each other again and have some kind of closure with their relationship in the second trilogy.  I really like Ben and Cain and could go either way with who she ends up with. 

February 3, 2010 at 9:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

grammy 1
Limited Member

I on the other hand am waiting to see what happens when Cain finds Felicity so soon with Ben.... I am a lover of love and my heart hurts for him...

February 3, 2010 at 10:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kris "vamp girl"

grammy 1 at 10:54AM on Feb 03, 2010

I on the other hand am waiting to see what happens when Cain finds Felicity so soon with Ben.... I am a lover of love and my heart hurts for him...

I feel bad for Cain too, but also for Felicity.  I was heartbroken for both of them when he left Felicity and I fully understood his intentions.  He did not want to end her life which was very selfless and romantic.  However, Cain really pissed me off with his transgressions with Sindy so I guess that's why I'm okay with Ben.    I really hope they get some kind of closure whether it be they reunite or go their separate ways.  I wonder if she really does love Ben or if he is her rebound guy because I am sure that her heart still hurts after losing Cain, but she found comfort and love from her best friend.  I am dying to see what happens with this little love triangle.

February 3, 2010 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kris "vamp girl"

Hi Melanie:

Wow, I read your sneak peak of the Second Trilogy and I just love Ben and Felicity together.  I can't wait until Cain finds out.  It's going to be so good.  I love me a good love triangle!!!

Also, after you commented on my post, I re-read parts of the First Trilogy regarding Cain and I can see where you were coming from now.  I have a much better opinion of what he was trying to acomplish with Sindy.  I still don't like Sindy, but maybe that will change in the next Trilogy. 

I am looking forward to Born to Blood.  From what I read it is going to be awesome!!!!

February 4, 2010 at 4:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gigi

Speaking of Sindy, I feel she has grown and made some possitive changes in her lifestyle. She started to exhibit these changes at the end of books 3. I do worry about Cain. What will happen when the news finally sinks in that Felicity is with Ben ? Or when he sees them together ? Will he go to Sindy on the rebound ? Wow...this is exciting. Born To Blood is going to be goooood !  :wink:  

February 5, 2010 at 4:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

I'm glad you're all looking forward to it :-)

One of the things I've found interesting (if nerve wracking) about the evolution of my characters, was the question of how far they can push limits before readers find them unredeemable.

For me, knowing what is in Cain's heart, and his true motives, meant that when he made mistakes, I could still forgive him. Because he is not cruel or malicious at all in nature, I felt that he deserved forgiveness for transgressions - as long as he recognized them with remorse. Even when he made choices I didn't agree with, I understood why he made them, and hoped readers did too. We all look back and see where we may not have seen a situation clearly at the time, and made choices we regret - hindsight is 20/20. Unfortunately, there are some readers who have told me that they will never forgive Cain for Sindy, or for leaving Felicity. I guess we all have different tolerances and threshholds for forgiveness.

The same holds true for Sindy. I love how she evolves from what readers assume is a role of "stock" villainess/bitch, and then even if you never really like her, you begin to understand and feel a bit sorry for her. She has a lot of growing to do in the next trilogy (but don't worry, she'll never completely lose her edge ;-) 

--

~ Melanie Nowak

February 9, 2010 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

grammy 1
Limited Member

I agree at hindsight being 20/20..The last scene with Sindy in the snow with Cain inviting her for Xmas made you see what a lost soul she truly is

February 11, 2010 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Laura

Melanie Nowak at 09:35PM on Jan 31, 2010

Hello and welcome to the "Second Trilogy" discussion board!

I've planned ALMOST HUMAN to be a succession of trilogies, so just as the first trilogy had 1 main story told over the 3 books, the second trilogy will have a new storyline that spans books 4, 5 & 6. The second trilogy will continue chronologically pretty much where we left off (we'll actually drop back just a little to where we last saw Allie & Mattie, so that we can follow Allie through her change ;-)

The second trilogy's first volume, "Born to Blood" is coming along nicely and should be released in late Spring 2010! I'm very excited about the 2nd trilogy! Almost all of the characters will be returning, with the addition of a few new ones.

I'll be changing the format of this trilogy a little from the first, in that we will get to hear from the perspectives of more of the characters (as opposed to just Felicity & Cain). I liked that format for the first story, but the storyline for this trilogy is a bit more complex, and we'll need to hear from many of the characters perspectives in order to get the whole story.

From the top navigation bar, you can access the web page dedicated to the second trilogy. On that page I’ve posted some sneak-peek excerpts to give you a taste of the new book :-)

Here in the forum you’re all welcome to discuss the sneak peeks, and share speculations and hopes for the future of our characters in the second trilogy!

I really enoyed this story-I admit to looking for another vampire fix after Twilight, and this story had the best developed characters and moral/ethical questions instead of just sex like so many of the other paranormal romances. Of course I was devastated that Cain left Felicity! I like Ben well enought, but I'm strongly hoping that the title of the last book "Destined for Divinity" hints at Felicity's eventual joining with Cain for eternity.

Although Felicity struck me as fairly immature, I suppose that's par for the course if you're 17 years old, and that helps me understand why Cain had to leave for a while, until she grew up and figured out what she wanted. I look forward to the second trilogy, here's to hoping Cain's lonliness ends permanently with Felicity (eventually).

February 18, 2010 at 10:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ANGIE

I really liked the first trilogy...could not put them down.  I hope that in the 2nd trilogy Cain does NOT end up with Sindy!!  Anyone else but not her.  I'm conflicted with Felicity/Cain.  I really liked them together but I like her with Ben to.  Cannot with for the next book....

February 19, 2010 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

angel47

When in

the spring will it be release

--
March 17, 2010 at 2:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Thank you Laura & Angie! I'm glad you enjoyed the books - thanks for sharing your thoughts. As far as the specualtions, sorry, but my lips are sealed :-x

Hi Angel!

I can't give you a truly exact date, because I'm not done writing the book yet ;-)

I've chosen "Memorial Day" as my UnOfficial release date, and I do hope the book will be ready by then, if not sooner. I'll keep everyone posted!

--

~ Melanie Nowak

March 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Damaris

Aw man I was dying to know how it was going to play out between Ben and Felicity and Cain. I mean I love Allie, but I was hoping there was more to their story.

March 26, 2010 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Damaris

grammy 1 at 10:54AM on Feb 03, 2010

Yes! I am dying to know! I want her to be torn between the two lol

March 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Damaris

I was looking for something new to read and came across this series on Amazon. I just recently bought a kindle and I am so happy I bought your book!!! I have been all over my facebook telling people to buy it! I love Cain, Felicity and Ben!!! LOVE THEM!

March 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Melanie Nowak
Administrator

Thanks Damaris! Don't worry - all of the characters are in the next trilogy, and as far as Ben, Felicity & Cain - there is still a lot more to their story :-)

--

~ Melanie Nowak

March 27, 2010 at 10:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

samjane33

I LOVE this series! Twilight got me started on the whole "Paranormal Romance" novels, and I have found several series that I have enjoyed but this series has beaten everything I have ever read including Twilight. (and I never thought I would say that). I read them twice and now I have my favorite parts bookmarked on my kindle so I can go back and read them when I am bored. It is kind of funny because I am sooo exctied about the next book coming out but then again, I kind of dread it because I know I am just going to miserable all over again when I finish it and have to wait on the next one ha-ha.. I'm a nerd, I know. :D

I loved Cain in this story, but I have to say, I am more of a Ben fan! It was obvious that Ben had feelings for Felicity from the start and she couldn't see it because she was so into Cain. I was so sad for Felictiy when Cain left her, but I was glad he left when Ben and her got together. It is just the perfect scenario! I'm looking forward to seeing how Cain reacts when he realizes Felicity has moved on with Ben. I bet Sindy will looove that! AND I'm sure it is going to be an emotional love triangle because I really do love Cain, Felicity, and Ben.. and I dread seeing any of them hurt, but as of right now, Ben is definitely my pick! :)

April 4, 2010 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

louise81

I knew all along that Ben was in love with Felicity and that they would probably end up together and I was dreading it.  So I was suprised that I was actually happy about it when it happened.  I love Cain alot, but his interactions with Sindy really bothered me.  Something tells me that Felicity and Cain are not completely over yet.  Even after Felicity and Ben made love she was still hoping Mattie could lead her to Cain.  That kind of broke my heart because I really don't want to see Ben hurt.  At this point I am kind of undecided who I want her to be with because I love Ben and Cain both.  I guess it makes sense for her to be with Ben though.  And as a little aside... was anyone else kind of suprised to find out that Ben was so well endowed?  Do you suppose Melanie put that in there so he wouldn't look too much like a boring human?  I just found that part kind of comical!!

April 8, 2010 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CapturingLife

I don't know if this should go here or over in the "ask the author" area.  I'm just wondering if Born To Blood will be a "cliffhanger" ending like the first two books were?  I don't mean any disrespect, but that's incredibly frustrating as a reader.  Each book should tie up in some way and not leave you hanging on major conflicts/tension.  I loved the first trilogy and I'm glad that I purchased all 3 at once because I would have been pretty unhappy with the way the first book left things hanging.  It was as if saying "you bought this book, but now you HAVE to buy the second one, too".  

I understand having things lead into the next book, but not quite in such a "cliffhanger" fashion.  Does that make sense?   So, I'm just curious if Born To Blood ends without finishing up its main conflict/plot?  

I don't think this coming out the way I mean it to.  I hope you don't take this the wrong way.  :(  It's a terrific story and I've enjoyed them very much.

June 3, 2010 at 9:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.